Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE Toolkit issue with windows 98

Hello,
My 1st attempt to install .Net framework, MSDE, my application and the databases during setup (using the MSDE deployment toolkit RC) works fine on windows xp. Now when I try to do the same for windows 98 SE machine, I am able to install .Net framweork an
d MSDE, but after that during the installation I get the following error message:
"An exception occured in the OnAfterInstall event handler of DBInstaller.CustomInstaller --> Unable to access service: Operating system does not support controlling a Windows service. A service can only be controlled on Windows NT, Windows 2000, or lat
er."
It's clear that when the setup tries to start the service to create the database etc it fails. Is this a known issue. I researched on web but couldn't find anything. Any ideas.
Thanks
dev
Any ideas..

No comments:

Post a Comment