Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE SP4

Can anyone please help me with upgrading to MSDE 2000 SP4
I need to upgrade BKUPExec Instance from SP3 to SP4 on Windows 2003 server.
The instance was installed by default while installing BKUPExec. Evry time I
run the upgrade from the command line using
setup /upgradesp sqlrun INSTANCENAME = BKUPEXEC /L*v C:\MSDElog.log
the upgrade fails. I am guessing it is failing becasue it was not installed
using the MSDE 2000 setup CD. Is it any way to upgrade it and getting workin
g.
Thank you for your help.
SuhailHi
This command seems to have been recommended in other posts except there was
no spaces around the "=" see http://tinyurl.com/b4lbw
John
"suhail" wrote:

> Can anyone please help me with upgrading to MSDE 2000 SP4
> I need to upgrade BKUPExec Instance from SP3 to SP4 on Windows 2003 server
.
> The instance was installed by default while installing BKUPExec. Evry time
I
> run the upgrade from the command line using
> setup /upgradesp sqlrun INSTANCENAME = BKUPEXEC /L*v C:\MSDElog.log
> the upgrade fails. I am guessing it is failing becasue it was not installe
d
> using the MSDE 2000 setup CD. Is it any way to upgrade it and getting work
ing.
> Thank you for your help.
> Suhail

No comments:

Post a Comment