Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE sp3 install problems

I recently had to install 40 german NT 4 laptops with MSDE sp3.

I prepared a setup.ini file:
[Options]
DATADIR="C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\"
TARGETDIR="C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\"
SAPWD="AStrongPwd"
SECURITYMODE=SQL

and installed most of them sucessfully. Some of them I installed via network, some of them were installed from CD. I tested each installation by copying a prepared database into the data directory and tried to connect to this database using the specified sapwd and found out
When i installed from CD, I could connect to the databases.
Some of the network installs produce a logon failure. it looks like the sapwd was ignored during install - I could not figure out, which password was used, I uninstalled it and reinstalled from CD.

Does anyone know what's the reason for this behaviour?

Thanks,

clothildeGet any information from SQLSTP.LOG on those failed installations for this behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment