Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE timeout with wireless network enabled

Hi,
I have local MSDE installed on my laptop. When I am physically
connected to our network I can connect through my ODBC application
without issue.
However, when I have wireless networking enabled the first time I try to
connect I get a timeout. But, I'm able to immediately connect after
that initial timeout without a problem. This only occurs when wireless
networking is enabled, as the timeout does not occur with a physical LAN
connection.
I have the following installation:
MDAC SDK 2.8
MSDE 8.00.761
XP SP2
VS.NET 7.1
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John
I am having a similar issue using SQL querries over a wireless connection.
Is there a technology that is better suited for wireless? Say .net?
Thanks in advance...
"JohnD" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have local MSDE installed on my laptop. When I am physically
> connected to our network I can connect through my ODBC application
> without issue.
> However, when I have wireless networking enabled the first time I try to
> connect I get a timeout. But, I'm able to immediately connect after
> that initial timeout without a problem. This only occurs when wireless
> networking is enabled, as the timeout does not occur with a physical LAN
> connection.
> I have the following installation:
> MDAC SDK 2.8
> MSDE 8.00.761
> XP SP2
> VS.NET 7.1
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> John
>
|||Do you have the same problem if you use an IP address instead of the MSDE
instance name? Perhaps you're having a name resolution problem?
Jim
"Chris James" <Chris James@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B19527EB-85E1-4DBC-9E51-A8CD463C1A89@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
>I am having a similar issue using SQL querries over a wireless connection.
> Is there a technology that is better suited for wireless? Say .net?
> Thanks in advance...
> "JohnD" wrote:
|||Thanks for the post Jim, Ive tried it using IP and Instance name... The
funny thing is that not all wireless installations have this issue, I have
two sites across the street and down about 1/4 mile. One site with approx
250' between wireless access point and client work fairly reliably, the other
is only 50' apart and they fail all the time. I wonder if its the
application making too many querries and boging down the wireless. Both
sites are using identical equipment as well.
"Jim Young" wrote:

> Do you have the same problem if you use an IP address instead of the MSDE
> instance name? Perhaps you're having a name resolution problem?
> Jim
> "Chris James" <Chris James@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B19527EB-85E1-4DBC-9E51-A8CD463C1A89@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment