Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE to MSDE Replication

Hi,
I would like to know if I can do Replication from a MSDE 2000 to another
MSDE 2000 system (one way).
All I need to do is Sync Server database changes on to a Workstation
database(Real-Time).
Let me give an example.
We have Server and Workstation product. Our Server will have a LiveConfig db
and each workstation will have a localLookupDB(basically same as
LiveConfig). I know If I have the Server as Std SQL Server 2000 I can use
Replication to propogate changes onto workstation what if the Server is
MSDE?
Are there any ways to Replicate data From a Server database onto Workstation
database (Real-Time).
Your advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Arun
You can use merge replication for msde to msde. You can use snapshot,
transactional or merge replication to MSDE from SQL Server 2000. Your
latency may be in the order of minutes.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Arun Kumar" <arunpv@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ObTva%232pFHA.748@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I would like to know if I can do Replication from a MSDE 2000 to another
> MSDE 2000 system (one way).
> All I need to do is Sync Server database changes on to a Workstation
> database(Real-Time).
> Let me give an example.
> We have Server and Workstation product. Our Server will have a LiveConfig
db
> and each workstation will have a localLookupDB(basically same as
> LiveConfig). I know If I have the Server as Std SQL Server 2000 I can use
> Replication to propogate changes onto workstation what if the Server is
> MSDE?
> Are there any ways to Replicate data From a Server database onto
Workstation
> database (Real-Time).
> Your advice is appreciated.
> Thanks
> Arun
>
|||Thanks for the reply.
If I do use merge replication from MSDE to MSDE what are the drawbacks?
Are there any other ways you can suggest for replicating data from one
server to another? (or one to many MSDE)
Thanks
Arun
"Hilary Cotter" <hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23KmSQu3pFHA.820@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> You can use merge replication for msde to msde. You can use snapshot,
> transactional or merge replication to MSDE from SQL Server 2000. Your
> latency may be in the order of minutes.
> --
> Hilary Cotter
> Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
> Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
> http://www.indexserverfaq.com
> "Arun Kumar" <arunpv@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ObTva%232pFHA.748@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> db
> Workstation
>

No comments:

Post a Comment