Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE service manager just stops???

HI every one
I hope i dont sound too dumb here but i am having some problems with MSDE
I have it installed on my local machine and SQL server 2000 is also installed as i use the Enterprise manager to work on my database.
I dont have server software as my OS is win XP pro.
The problem i have is that after a while the MSDE service manager just stops and i cant get it to restart. and the only way is to uninstall it and reinstall.
i have tried to get the 2000 MSDE installed but i seem to not be able to get that working.
It is frustrating as i am developing a databse at home for a client (work experience) but i spend so much time keeping my shonky system running i loose time in developing.
is there somewhere i can learn to set my system up so i can develop a sql DB at home, or am i flogging a dead horsse.
any help greatly appreciated
Greg
Have you looked in the event log for errors?
"GREGO" wrote:

> HI every one
> I hope i dont sound too dumb here but i am having some problems with MSDE
> I have it installed on my local machine and SQL server 2000 is also installed as i use the Enterprise manager to work on my database.
> I dont have server software as my OS is win XP pro.
> The problem i have is that after a while the MSDE service manager just stops and i cant get it to restart. and the only way is to uninstall it and reinstall.
> i have tried to get the 2000 MSDE installed but i seem to not be able to get that working.
> It is frustrating as i am developing a databse at home for a client (work experience) but i spend so much time keeping my shonky system running i loose time in developing.
> is there somewhere i can learn to set my system up so i can develop a sql DB at home, or am i flogging a dead horsse.
> any help greatly appreciated
> Greg
|||Do you mean the windows event log?
i cant access the SQL server log as it is shut down and i cant access it
regards
greg
"Nigel Rivett" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Have you looked in the event log for errors?
> "GREGO" wrote:
|||The SQL Server log is just a text file under the SQL Server directory,
normally in the LOG directory. Load the most recent one into Notepad and see
if there are any errors.
Jim
"GREGO" <GREGO@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B074205A-A3A6-48DB-8EBB-350E3118AFDE@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Do you mean the windows event log?
> i cant access the SQL server log as it is shut down and i cant access it
> regards
> greg
> "Nigel Rivett" wrote:
MSDE[vbcol=seagreen]
installed as i use the Enterprise manager to work on my database.[vbcol=seagreen]
stops and i cant get it to restart. and the only way is to uninstall it and
reinstall.[vbcol=seagreen]
to get that working.[vbcol=seagreen]
(work experience) but i spend so much time keeping my shonky system
running i loose time in developing.[vbcol=seagreen]
sql DB at home, or am i flogging a dead horsse.[vbcol=seagreen]

No comments:

Post a Comment