Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE setup question

Hello:

I had partitioned my harddrive to have both XP PRO and Red Hat. Got fed up with all that and so used Partition Magic 8.0 to repartition the drive to be one 16 Gig drive. I still have over 8 Gig left on it even after installing VS .NET on it.

I have successfully installed Visual Studio .NET Pro 2003 on it and I can now write programs in VB and see it on my intranet at c:/wwwroot/.

I am now trying to install MSDE 2000 for Developers Using VS .NET. I have downloaded the file from Microsoft and then when I go to install it on my hard drive it tells me it cannot; I have to free up 92.44 Megs for it to be able to extract it to my c drive.

I am a newbee and any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!Sorry but have solved this problem too.

Turns out I was using the wrong download.

Thanx anyways.|||Ohh Boy, you are really working under a tight Hard drive. With 92.44 Megs, any software would complain about free space. Free up some space and try it. Some harddisk space is needed for paging and stuff, so its very normal your program complaining about the disk space. I hope thats what your problem is.

If you are having trouble installing the MSDE, take a look at my blog entry

Let us know your exact issue

No comments:

Post a Comment