Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE Setup -- Wheres the Server?

I am using VB.net to build ASP.net pages. I finally decided it was time to start using SQL server based code. So, I installed MSDE...or so I thought.

I have the server Icon in the bottom systray and it's green and seems to be running.

I have been able to use Microsoft Access' Database Upgrade Wizard to create BB.adp file.

An in VB.net I see a master.dbo connection in Server Explorer.

But I can't figure out how to access the database via the SQL server. When I right click on Server Explorer...the Create a New SQL database menu item is greyed out.

My concern is that my installation is not complete and/or I don't know how to locate and verify the server.

Any help would be appreciated. ThanksMSDN link http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmsde/html/msderoadmap.asp to run thru the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment