Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE SP4 installation problem

Having a real problem installing SP4 on MSDE. I've read the notes that come
along with the install files and I've tried most every combination that
makes sense in the command line. Here's just one example:
setup /upgradesp sqlrun SECURITYMODE=sql UPGRADEUSER=sa
UPGRADEPWD=apasswoord
DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 /L*v c:\mylog.log
It's the default instance. The setup command simply returns immediately, no
log created etc.
I'm at a loss to know what's wrong here.
Thanks for any input you can offer.
jim
I believe I have fixed this, appears to be in the comand line arguments. I
couldn't get them to work as in the supplied examples, but still haven't
solved the original problem, which is my other post -'Dist Query Problem'
"Jim Bailey" <jimREMOVETHIS@.ANDTHISjbaileygroup.com> wrote in message
news:3uSve.169016$IO.100652@.tornado.tampabay.rr.co m...
> Having a real problem installing SP4 on MSDE. I've read the notes that
come
> along with the install files and I've tried most every combination that
> makes sense in the command line. Here's just one example:
> setup /upgradesp sqlrun SECURITYMODE=sql UPGRADEUSER=sa
> UPGRADEPWD=apasswoord
> DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 /L*v c:\mylog.log
> It's the default instance. The setup command simply returns immediately,
no
> log created etc.
> I'm at a loss to know what's wrong here.
> Thanks for any input you can offer.
> jim
>

No comments:

Post a Comment