Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE Sort Page

Hi,
I would like to install MSDE by selecting options from the
screen and not by typing commads at command prompt, just
the same way of installing SQL Server 2000.
I would also like to change the Sorting and collation
options under MSDE.
Please Help.
Thanks
Asim
hi Asim,
"Asim" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:79d501c48460$d47c2890$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I would like to install MSDE by selecting options from the
> screen and not by typing commads at command prompt, just
> the same way of installing SQL Server 2000.
> I would also like to change the Sorting and collation
> options under MSDE.
you have then to provide your own custom tool, which will then pass al
gathered info to the setup.exe via standard command line parameters or INI
settings
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.8.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.54.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
|||HI Andrea,
I think your message did not come completely. I would
appreciate if you can send it once again.
Also please let me know how can I change by what code, the
sort or collation page setting after the MSDE has been
installed. My email is asim@.dataocean.com
Thanks

>--Original Message--
>hi Asim,
>"Asim" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto
nel messaggio[vbcol=seagreen]
>news:79d501c48460$d47c2890$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
the
>you have then to provide your own custom tool, which will
then pass al
>gathered info to the setup.exe via standard command line
parameters or INI
>settings
>--
>Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
>http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtm
http://italy.mvps.org
>DbaMgr2k ver 0.8.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.54.0
>(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and
MSDE 2000 a visual
>interface)
>-- remove DMO to reply
>.
>
|||hi Asim,
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:7c8b01c48468$b1d359a0$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
> HI Andrea,
> I think your message did not come completely. I would
> appreciate if you can send it once again.
> Also please let me know how can I change by what code, the
> sort or collation page setting after the MSDE has been
> installed. My email is asim@.dataocean.com
my message was complete... LOL
I apologise if it was not clear
you have to implement a vb/vc/.net/delphi pre-installer, which collects all
user's input regarding settings like SAPWD, DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS,
INSTANCENAME, SECURITYMODE, TARGETDIR, DATADIR and COLLATION (for sort
order)...
then you have shell out to setup.exe passing all parameters (or setting them
in the referenced INI file)
as regard COLLATION, you can not change the system collation after the
instance has been installed...
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.8.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.54.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment