Wednesday, March 28, 2012

msde sp4 autostart sqlagent and other fun

Since msde sp4 changes sqlagent to manual start, I found scm to reset
it back to automatic.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn>scm -Action 7
-Service sqlserveragent -SvcStartT
ype 2
To get msde sp4 to update my default instance, I had to set sqlagent
'log on as' to Local System Account. Other wise it kept uninstalling.
Anyone know syntax to use scm to set the sqlagent log to Local System
Account and then back to my original user after install? Other means?
Needs to be script or bat happy solution.
hi Mike,
Mike wrote:
> Since msde sp4 changes sqlagent to manual start, I found scm to reset
> it back to automatic.
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn>scm -Action 7
> -Service sqlserveragent -SvcStartT
> ype 2
> To get msde sp4 to update my default instance, I had to set sqlagent
> 'log on as' to Local System Account. Other wise it kept uninstalling.
> Anyone know syntax to use scm to set the sqlagent log to Local System
> Account and then back to my original user after install? Other means?
> Needs to be script or bat happy solution.
I know that sp4 changed something about the account requirements to run it's
services... the information provided in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283811 is no longer valid.. I'm checking
this article weekly for addendum, still with no luck...
still running my MSDE sp4 boxes under Local System too...
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.14.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.59.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment