Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE Subscriber names

I plan to set up merge replication and have laptops with an MSDE
subscription for replication. I want my application to use the database
name and wondered if I can (and should?) have the same database name on both
the laptop and the main publication. Thanks.
David
It helps to identify the subscriber database, but there is no real
requirement. All the subscribers should have the same database name if you
are publishing to multiple subscribers at once.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"David Chase" <dlchase@.lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
news:%23KWrAVCpFHA.320@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I plan to set up merge replication and have laptops with an MSDE
> subscription for replication. I want my application to use the database
> name and wondered if I can (and should?) have the same database name on
both
> the laptop and the main publication. Thanks.
> David
>

No comments:

Post a Comment