Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE Settings not being used

I'm trying to install MSDE 2000 in and XP environment. I want to install it in a specific sub-directory therfore, I'm using a setting ini file to give the instance name, target dir and data dir. I've included both the command line and ini file below:
Command Line Entry:
C:\MSDE2000\setup.exe SAPWD="xxxxxx" /settings "C:\SageQuestLou\DispatcherDB.INI" /L*v C:\SageQuestLou\MSDE.LOG
Settings file:
INSTANCENAME=SageQuest
DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
SECURITYMODE=SQL
DATADIR="C:\SageQuestLou\Data\"
TARGETDIR="C:\SageQuestLou\"
The installation does occur successfully however it installs using default parameters. However I don't know what the SA password is and it's not where I want it to be.
Can some tell me what wrong with my command line or ini file?
Thanks
Louis
try this to solve pwd problem:
setup /settings="C:\SageQuestLou\DispatcherDB.INI" /i
DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 SAPWD=xxxxx SecurityMode=SQL /L*v
C:\SageQuestLou\MSDE.LOG
I'm guessing the SecurityMode param might help here.
"Louis" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:41C137B8-4DEB-430C-A10D-95200B9060A4@.microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to install MSDE 2000 in and XP environment. I want to install
it in a specific sub-directory therfore, I'm using a setting ini file to
give the instance name, target dir and data dir. I've included both the
command line and ini file below:
> Command Line Entry:
> C:\MSDE2000\setup.exe SAPWD="xxxxxx" /settings
"C:\SageQuestLou\DispatcherDB.INI" /L*v C:\SageQuestLou\MSDE.LOG
> Settings file:
> INSTANCENAME=SageQuest
> DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
> SECURITYMODE=SQL
> DATADIR="C:\SageQuestLou\Data\"
> TARGETDIR="C:\SageQuestLou\"
> The installation does occur successfully however it installs using default
parameters. However I don't know what the SA password is and it's not where
I want it to be.
> Can some tell me what wrong with my command line or ini file?
>
> Thanks
> Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment