Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE Text datatype - unable to store more than 900 characters. (msde + visual studio 2003)

Hello,
I'm not sure if it's the setup I did wrong, but I can't seem to get mytext datatype in my database to store more than 900 characters. I'm trying to setup a news database for my website, which will populatethe information into a datagrid. To test, I manually added a newsitem in the database through the visual studio 2003 gui. Iimmediately noticed a problem as the I was getting an error after along news item saying:
"The value you entered is not consistent with the data type or length of the column, or over grid buffer limit."
I couldn't find anthing to set the buffer limit and the datatype is"text" filled with simple text in the column. As a further test,Isimply entered 12334567890123... up to 900 characters and stillrecevied the error.
I would appreciate someone leading me in the right direction on this one.
Thanks a lot.
I think may be your create table statement was not executed correctly because text can grow it is not table space based SQL Server creates an Arithmetic pointer to the file. Try the link below see if you can download the eval edition of the SQL Server. Or you could drop the table and recreate it and test again. Hope this helps.
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/trial/default.mspx

No comments:

Post a Comment