Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE SP4 install problem

I attempted to install MSDE SP4 (file SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU) on a WinXP Pro SP2 machine.

Command used:

setup SAPWD="ourpw" SECURITYMODE=SQL /L*v c:\MSDELog.log

Install log shows successful install.

MSDE appears to function properly, service starts automatically after reboot, etc.

I can open and work with DB's with a freebie 3rd party GUI called DbaMGR2K, through which I have added the necessary DB user for our locally running ASP application to use the db.

However, when I try to use the DB with our locally running ASP application - connecting with ADO from a dll we wrote, I get the following:

"[DNETLIB]{ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

Any help appreciated.

day10


Hi,

make sure that you connect to the same database and you are using a valid login for connecting. Perhaps you have chosen another authentication mode within the ADO code ? That could explain either the one or the other error message you are getting.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.


http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||

I think we have solved the issue. We used the SQL Server Network Utility to enable TCP/IP (apparently not enabled by default) and now all appears well.

I wonder if there is a way to enable TCP/IP during the install process. Is there an install flag/option?

|||

>> Is there an install flag/option?

Most likely. The flag for this when installing SP3 was "DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0". I wouldn't think that they would have removed it for SP4.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment