Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE to MS SQL restore

I have a MSDE database that I am trying to restore into MS SQL 7.

I am running the following restore from Query Analyzer;

RESTORE DATABASE name
FROM DISK = 'c:\mssql7\backup\name_backup'

I am getting the following error

Server: Msg 3624, Level 20, State 1, Line 1

Location: upgraddb.cpp:214
Expression: tableIndex < ARRAY_LEN (upgradeMap)
SPID: 7
Process ID: 748

Connection Broken

Is what I'm trying to do impossible or something I'm doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciatedI don't know if this will help.

I had the same problem where I wanted to resore a MSDE database to SQL Server 2000. There was just no way. So I then used DTS to just transfer the Database to the SQL Server 2000.|||Originally posted by machado
I don't know if this will help.

I had the same problem where I wanted to resore a MSDE database to SQL Server 2000. There was just no way. So I then used DTS to just transfer the Database to the SQL Server 2000.

I only have the backup file, I don't actually posess MSDE so as far as I know I can't actually connect to anything for a dts to work|||MSDE can be distributed free and is included on the MS Office Prof. 2000/XP CDs.
What I would suggest is installing MSDE on any other machine on your network and restoring the database to MSDE and then transfering the databse using DTS.|||Originally posted by machado
MSDE can be distributed free and is included on the MS Office Prof. 2000/XP CDs.
What I would suggest is installing MSDE on any other machine on your network and restoring the database to MSDE and then transfering the databse using DTS.

So it is :)

Thanks, I'm installing it nowsql

No comments:

Post a Comment