Saturday, February 25, 2012

MSDE install

Hello,
I installed MSDE 2000 sp3 on my windows 2000 computer. I
installed it within the command prompt as per the
instructions "setup INSTANCENAME="InstanceName"
SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD="Mypassword"
The setup seemed to run ok. The instancename is running in
the services and the SQLAgent is running.
However, when I go into the Enterprise manager and try to
register the server as (local) and enter my sa password
when it asks for it. I'm getting "SQL server does not exit
or access denied".
Thank you,
Randy
hi Randy,
Randy wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed MSDE 2000 sp3 on my windows 2000 computer. I
> installed it within the command prompt as per the
> instructions "setup INSTANCENAME="InstanceName"
> SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD="Mypassword"
> The setup seemed to run ok. The instancename is running in
> the services and the SQLAgent is running.
> However, when I go into the Enterprise manager and try to
> register the server as (local) and enter my sa password
> when it asks for it. I'm getting "SQL server does not exit
> or access denied".
> Thank you,
> Randy
as you installed a named instance, you can reach it uing it's full name,
composed by ComputerName\InstanceName, or Local\InstanceName
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.10.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.56.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment