Saturday, February 25, 2012

MSDE included as part of ASP.NET deployment package?

I need to design an asp.net application w/ and MSDE backend database that will be deployed at 50 different location (unrelated to each other). The application's deployment package needs to be downloaded from a web site on the internet. The end user locations do not have SQL2000 or MSDE...some have access.

I want to know if my deployment package can include the MSDE software? Or, can anyone offer ideas on the EASIEST way for these small offices to get MSDE installed on each of their servers so that my ASP.NET applications will connect to via ado.net.

Thanks for any ideas.I believe you can include it in your deployment package so long as its use at each location is consistent with the MSDE licensing agreement.

Appropriate uses of MSDE

No comments:

Post a Comment