Saturday, February 25, 2012

MSDE Help

I have never done anything with databases, so I am a newbie. My goal is to install an ASP.NET forum, but I need MSDE installed. I downloaded MSDE from the Microsoft website. When I run the setup.exe file, I get an error. It says:

A strong SA password is required for security reasons. Please use SAPWD switch to supply
same. Refer to readme for more details. Setup will now exit.

I looked at the documentation but could not find anything usefull, what do I have to do to install it. Thanks in advance for responses.Did you try the instructions here?Installing MSDE For ASP.NET Web Matrix Also, if you follow links from there you are led toInstalling a New Instance of MSDE 2000 SP3a which may also help.

Terri|||ok, I followed the instructions, but got yet another error.

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

well, I am not in safe mode, I guess my Windows Installer is not correctly installed, I don't know why that would be. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment