Saturday, February 25, 2012

MSDE Install Failure, No Error

I am trying to install MSDE using settings I always have to install it:

setup sapwd=password instancename=vsdotnet disablenetworkprotocols=0 securitymode=sql

But it gets through the install, then the progress bar goes backwards and it uninstalled, I tried to enable logging and do /q+ but none of this gives usable information, i have redownloaded the MSDE SP3 install files and this has changed nothing, I know this is a common problem as I have seen a few sites mention it, but i can't seem to find the fix.I assume you tried looking in the Windows Event log for a useful message.

Have you tried it with a different instance name? Check if there already exists a version of MSDE with that name. Run OSQL - L to see a list of Sql Server or MSDE already on the server.|||I tried a ton of things, finally figured it out.

There is a knowledge base article that mentions trying to reset the performance counters can solve this problem, with the following command, it worked for me.

lodctr /r:PerfStringBackup.ini|||Can you post the URL of the knowledge base article? I'd like to bookmark it for future reference. Thanks.|||Microsoft on KB article #315083|||Hi ! I have the same problem just like you before.
i enter in command prompt SAPWD=password SecurityMode=SQL
But it gets through the install, then the progress bar goes backwards and it uninstalled

I read the article you give but i can't understand since i have no background in registry.

Can you give me a step by step which is easy to understand .

Please help me to solve this problem. thank you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment