Saturday, February 25, 2012

MSDE install

Dear Everybody,
When i am installing MSDE 2000 Release A on Windows XP Professional System.
It gives me Error "Invalid Instance Name".
What I done wrong please help me.
Ashok
hi,
Ashok wrote:
> Dear Everybody,
> When i am installing MSDE 2000 Release A on Windows XP Professional
> System. It gives me Error "Invalid Instance Name".
>
can you please provide the command line you passed to the setup.exe boostrap
installer?
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.14.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.59.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
|||Setup.exe /qb+ INSTANCENAME=NetSDK DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=1 BLANKSAPWD=1
Here the instance name is NetSDK.
Once you are instlled successful with this instance name NetSDK, if you want
to install again with the same instance name, you need to remove instance.
"Ashok" wrote:

> Dear Everybody,
> When i am installing MSDE 2000 Release A on Windows XP Professional System.
> It gives me Error "Invalid Instance Name".
> What I done wrong please help me.
> Ashok
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment