Saturday, February 25, 2012

MSDE Install Failure

On a Win2Ksp3 server I am trying to install MSDE. However everytome the
installation nears the end and then rolls back. All I get in the log is:
Event Type:Information
Event Source:MsiInstaller
Event Category:None
Event ID:11708
Date:04/05/2004
Time:22:30:20
User:N/A
Computer:ORASERVER1
Description:
Product: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine -- Installation operation
failed.
This came about after uninstalling BackupExec9.0 and attemtping a install of
BackupExec9.1 which also fails because it cannot install MSDE. Any ideas, I
cannot find much in Knowledgebase.
TIA
> This came about after uninstalling BackupExec9.0 and attemtping a
> install of BackupExec9.1 which also fails because it cannot install
> MSDE. Any ideas, I cannot find much in Knowledgebase.
> TIA
I read somebody's post on here today about how this went away if they
installed SP4.
WTH
|||was happening to me on a particular machine.
enabling file sharing service fixed it.
check msde dependencies to see if you have them all on your machine ?
Ranjeet.
<David> wrote in message news:OkREFBiMEHA.3556@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> On a Win2Ksp3 server I am trying to install MSDE. However everytome the
> installation nears the end and then rolls back. All I get in the log is:
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 11708
> Date: 04/05/2004
> Time: 22:30:20
> User: N/A
> Computer: ORASERVER1
> Description:
> Product: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine -- Installation operation
> failed.
> This came about after uninstalling BackupExec9.0 and attemtping a install
of
> BackupExec9.1 which also fails because it cannot install MSDE. Any ideas,
I
> cannot find much in Knowledgebase.
> TIA
|||What is the 'file sharing service'?
and what dependencies exist?
I have upgraded to SP4 and it has mde no difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment