Monday, February 20, 2012

MSDE EnterPrise manager

I am using MSDE enterprise manager and when I downloaded it, I cannot log onto the SQL Server, which is on my computer, I used the server name defined in the SQL Server Service manager, and it cannot connect. I was trying to set the conection up with the ODBC manager, although I am not even sure if this is the right way. Someone please help me out.Depends on how you installed it. If it's in native Windows authentication mode, you'll need to ask it to connect as the current logged on user. If you've enabled mixed authentication, you can connect using the current user or using a SQL Server user (sa is the "administrator" of SQL Server which you'll have specified a password for during the installation if you enabled mixed auth).

Best way to test the connectivity is by using the SqlConnection class and try to connect that way. The errors you get on invoking the "Open" method will explain what's wrong.

Check out my other post on managing MSDE as well onthis forum. This can be seen as a kind of replacement for the Enterprise Manager of SQL Server.

No comments:

Post a Comment