Monday, February 20, 2012

MSDE Failed Install

I've tried installing the full MSDERelA, and it runs, giving a "Gathering
Required Information". It then promptly disappears, and nothing further
happens. The KB has a similar error happening with RTM, but I am trying to do
a fresh install.
You might try first lookng at Add/Remove programs to see if Microsoft SQL
Server shows on the list of programs. If it's there, uninstall it.
Look under the Program Files Directory for some type of Install folders. If
you see something there with a date and time that resembles the date and
time of a failed install (may not be today if you were trying to do this
some other time) delete the folders.
I had this problem, and after I ditched those folders, I was eventually able
to get it installed.
Linda
"Denis C." <Denis C.@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9545C138-1647-4031-9130-F8733C234D52@.microsoft.com...
> I've tried installing the full MSDERelA, and it runs, giving a "Gathering
> Required Information". It then promptly disappears, and nothing further
> happens. The KB has a similar error happening with RTM, but I am trying to
> do
> a fresh install.

No comments:

Post a Comment