Saturday, February 25, 2012

MSDE Install Failure - Unable to Configure Server

I have seen a few posts loosely related to this issue - but check this one out.

On a windows xp home box, I installed MSDE without an issue. I then upgraded said pc to MDAC 2.7 SP1 (XP) and got the above mentioned "Unable to Configure Server" error.

We have 3 users who are also getting this error when attempting to install the MSDE from our media, so I really need some help on this one!

I'm reasonably sure it is mdac, but I cannot determine the specifics yet. We also have this same issue on one lonely 98 box here in our office.

Does anyone have any experience with this typ of MDAC issue? Anything you could share would be great.Make sure to stop any anti virus application running.

No comments:

Post a Comment