Saturday, February 25, 2012

MSDE Install Issues

Hi all I hope someone can help, I have managed to install MSDE on
Windows 2003 Server, however after a reboot I open up the SQL Serve
Service Manager and Under Server I have the server name, but under
services, it is all blank, as such its not working at all, any ideas on
how to add a service to get this working?
I have tried a reinstall, same issue.
Thanks
donaldsmarshall@.gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all I hope someone can help, I have managed to install MSDE on
> Windows 2003 Server, however after a reboot I open up the SQL Serve
> Service Manager and Under Server I have the server name, but under
> services, it is all blank, as such its not working at all, any ideas on
> how to add a service to get this working?
> I have tried a reinstall, same issue.
> Thanks
>
Sounds like you don't have network protocols enabled.
Run SVRNETCN, enable network protocols and shutdown/restart MSDE.
|||Hi Paul thanks for the reply, For some reason I have 2 instances listed
SERVERNAME and SERVERNAME/SERVER
SERVERNAME had nothing showing but the other one did, added all 3
network components and rebooted, changed to SERVERNAME\SERVER and it
showed a database, now to figure out how to remove SERVERNAME one
Thanks Paul, Much Appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment