Saturday, February 25, 2012

MSDE HELP

Hi,
I have 2 PCs that aren't in any domain.
One of PCs, have installed on MSDE. I change the authentication
mode from windows to mixed mode.
Created users inside MSDE.
In the PC with MSDE I can enter with all users, but in the other PC I could
not connect to the server.
I tried to register in Enterprise Manager that MSDE instalation and I get
the following error
SQL Server Enterprise Manager
SQL Server registration failed because of the connection failure displayed
below. Do you wish to Register anyway?
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
ConnectionOpen (Connect())
Yes No
I already add the TCP 1433 and UDP 1434 ports to windows firewal, I tried to
with the firewall disconected and i get always the same error.
So I think the problem could be in permissions, but how can I set permisons
in one computer to a user from another computer. Don't forget that the pcs
aren't in any domain.
Or how can I put on PC connecting to the MSDE in the other PC?
thanks
Mestre
hi Mestre,
Mestre wrote:
> Hi,
> I have 2 PCs that aren't in any domain.
> One of PCs, have installed on MSDE. I change the authentication
> mode from windows to mixed mode.
> Created users inside MSDE.
> In the PC with MSDE I can enter with all users, but in the other PC I
> could not connect to the server.
> I tried to register in Enterprise Manager that MSDE instalation and I
> get the following error
> --
> SQL Server Enterprise Manager
> --
> SQL Server registration failed because of the connection failure
> displayed below. Do you wish to Register anyway?
> SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
> ConnectionOpen (Connect())
> --
> Yes No
> --
>
> I already add the TCP 1433 and UDP 1434 ports to windows firewal, I
> tried to with the firewall disconected and i get always the same
> error.
> So I think the problem could be in permissions, but how can I set
> permisons in one computer to a user from another computer. Don't
> forget that the pcs aren't in any domain.
> Or how can I put on PC connecting to the MSDE in the other PC?
please have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default...06&Product=sql
for the most common causes of this exception.. and of course please verify
that remote access to the instance is enabled with the Server Network
Utility (svrnetcn.exe) as MSDE installs by default disabling all network
protocols...
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.16.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.61.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
|||Andrea,
you're right. I discover that, but I ony have time to update the posts
today.
Thanks,
Mestre
"Andrea Montanari" <andrea.sqlDMO@.virgilio.it> wrote in message
news:4271egF1hrbv5U1@.individual.net...
> hi Mestre,
> Mestre wrote:
> please have a look at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...06&Product=sql
> for the most common causes of this exception.. and of course please verify
> that remote access to the instance is enabled with the Server Network
> Utility (svrnetcn.exe) as MSDE installs by default disabling all network
> protocols...
> --
> Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
> http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
> DbaMgr2k ver 0.16.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.61.0
> (my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
> interface)
> -- remove DMO to reply
>

No comments:

Post a Comment